Sunday, April 3, 2011

Green Monster in a Guinness Glass

Earlier this year I discovered Green Monsters, delicious fruit smoothies turned bright green by blending in veggies. My veggie of choice: baby spinach. It sounds awful, but they're absolutely delicious. You don't taste the veggies at all. Just the yummy yummy fruit. I was running low on baby spinach this time, so it's a bit lighter green than usual. I usually just throw in whatever I have in the fridge/freezer or whatever I feel like. This particular green monster has:
  • 1/2 frozen apple
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • handful of baby spinach
  • what was left of the Del Monte peach fruit cup in the fridge
  • lemonade (and a bit of iced tea)
  • a few ice cubes
Blended into smooth deliciousness and poured into a Guinness glass. 



I first used lemonade one day because I was out of my almond milk, and I loved the way it turned out. Sometimes if I remember to make it and put it into the fridge the night before I'll throw in a cup of iced tea for a little wake-up. I particularly like chai tea with the frozen bananas. 

Plus, it's fun to freak people out with the bright green color!

No comments:

Post a Comment